#principles #habit-7 #7 #continuous-improvement
Because of entropy, what doesn't move forward goes backward.
I keep sharpening the saw, I continuously improve myself by learning more, and I continuously seek improvement in every aspect of my life. I admit my mistakes, and make sure I learn from them. I ask for feedback.
- : see Entropy
- Weight management system is a continuous improvement battle against cravings
- Knowledge management is a mechanism to improve knowledge continuously
- : see Personal responsibility (#1)
James Clear / Atomic Habits is presenting a CI framework to create habits, marginal increments that "compound interests". The idea is based of 4 repeating steps:
- make it visible (or invisible): put things where you see them
- make it attractive (or unattractve): stack on good habits you already have, associate to positive thoughts
- make it easy (or hard): put into routing, reset your environment, avoid hard situations
- make it rewarding: stack a “need” to a “want”, shorten the gratification cycle.
The 7 habits of highly effective people, principle #7. My notes on the topic:
Apply CI to all aspects of your life.
You should sharpen all the aspects of your life (physical, mental, social, professional) regularly to maintain the P/PC balance (production / production capacity), as well as sharpen use of habits 1 to 6.