#agile #value #product-management #objectives #delegation #control
Delegate using a delegation framework which allows people to make decisions on your behalf.
Create a decision framework: high level guidelines for decision making.
Create an economic framework: set clear goals with a measurable impact (outcome) rather than a deliverable (output).
Giving responsibilities without a delegation framework is delegation by abdication.
Consider every prioritization question, or judgement call as a failure of the delegation framework: why did it not bring the answer. What is the missing doc? The missing mechanism
View things from the angle of "What would I do if I were leaving next week? Who would I bring into a meeting?"
- The Value Driven Development Team (blog) describes use of a an economic framework to set direction, and a decision framework to instrument its use.
- Remove Passion From Backlog Prioritization - Economic Framework (blog) describes a system to prioritize backlogs with no judgment calls.
- Self organizing teams require a delegation framework to function.
- Delegation frameworks are real life examples of Dependency Inversion Principle
- #delegation contains everything re: delegation.
- Top-down vs. bottom-up management is the question of delegation vs. abdication
- Take the right Leadership styles into account to delegate
The Principles of Product Development Flow - Reinertsen, Donald G.
The key idea is that product and project attributes that have economic value should be quantified using a standardized and useful unit of measure: life-cycle profit impact.
~ Reinertsen, Donald G., The Principles of Product Development Flow